Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I Have Too Much Money!

People all over the world seem to want more and more money, thinking it will make all their dreams come true. And they either earn more or save more of it.

I used to be like that. I'm in my forties, and now realise that saving money is not that good a thing at all. I've become such a good saver over all these years, that it's now really difficult for me to spend. It's like a disease. I sniff out bargains all the time, I'm sick of it. And if there are no bargains to be found, I simply wait. I don't seem to have many needs. I guess I just don't enjoy spending my money. I'm a miser. But try not to look it.

All this means that my life has been boring, and not lived to the extent that it could have been. That's why I now feel saving money is a bad thing. And it's not that I'm RICH either. It's just that I don't spend enough, for my own good.

So, I'm starting this blog to help myself spend more money. I don't think I spend more than Singapore$1000 a month on myself. Not to be too ambitious, I'll try to aim for $2000 a month. I also hope to spend more and more of my savings so that I'll be able to leave this world with very little left. Hopefully, I might even be in debt. My aim: A life well lived............on other people's money!

It's now 4.30pm Tuesday 12 May. I took the MRT and bus to work. $2.20. Lunch : Mutton Briani $3.00. Oh boy. I need to spend $65 a day in order to reach my target. I don't work full-time, but I earned about $500 today. So you see, my spending is really skewed. I HAVE to do something about it. But I don't want to waste my money. Nor do I want to just give some away. Got any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment